The Top 5 Refrigerator Problems
Over the years, I’ve noticed that the refrigerator issues people call about most frequently fall into a few main categories. Here are a few of the most common:
- My fridge doesn’t seem cold enough. Unplug your fridge and clean the coils with a condenser coil brush or simply use your vacuum. If that doesn’t fix the problem, you will need a repairman.
- My ice maker quit working. Shut the valve off from the water supply – you don’t want a flood – and then check to make sure that you don’t have a clogged water inlet valve. Looks for kinks or tears in the supply line and look to see if the screen or filter is obstructed with debris. If all that is clear, you may need to call for a repairman to replace the ice maker motor module.
- My refrigerator isn’t working at all! The electronic control board could be damaged from a power surge, worn-out relays or open circuits, and might need to be replaced.
- Yikes, there are strange noises coming from my fridge. Your electronic control board may be damaged. Call a repairman to identify the problem.
- My water and ice dispenser isn’t dispensing. Don’t forget to change your water filter regularly – it collects debris and contaminants. If that doesn’t work, the water valve might need replacing. Your repairman can help with that.
If you live in Naples, Estero or Ft. Myers, and you can’t diagnose the problem with your refrigerator or other appliance, call Diamond Appliance Repair – your independent, family-owned appliance repair shop. We make in-home visits and fix all types of appliances right away.