Tips for cleaning your oven without harsh chemicals
These days many people have chemical sensitivities and oven cleaners can aggravate those problems. Thankfully, there are many ways to clean appliances without harsh chemicals. Here’s how:
- Make sure your oven is cool, then vacuum or wipe out the bottom of the oven to get rid of loose ashes debris.
- Mix baking soda with water to make a wet paste and spread it over all oven surfaces, avoiding the heating element.
- Allow the wet baking soda some time to work – at least an hour, but overnight is even better.
Wipe clean using a clean rag using a firm circular motion. A scouring pad can work on stubborn dirt – but don’t use steel wool, it can damage the surface.
- Spray the oven with white vinegar and wipe out the oven to remove any leftover baking soda.
- Clean first then shine. Finish by buffing the oven surface with a damp microfiber rag.
At Diamond Appliance Repair, we are the appliance experts. If you live in Naples, Estero or Ft. Myers, and you are having problems with your oven or any appliance, give us a call at 239-687-6999! We are an independent, family-owned appliance repair shop that you can rely on for prompt, in-home visits to fix your appliances.